Wednesday, December 2, 2009

make like a tree and get outta here

The other week, the city came and collected all the leaves on our street that people had raked to the curb.

This may not seem interesting enough to be the subject of a blog post, but it was interesting to me. I was home when they came to collect them, and I was bizarrely delighted and intrigued by the whole process.


When I texted my friend Jax to share my excitement, she replied, unimpressed, "Haven't you ever seen a leaf truck before?"

And the answer is, no! I lived in the country until I went away to college... then I lived in a dorm until I went to med school... then I lived in a shabby little apartment complex until I married Jack. I didn't even know cities collected leaves until last year.


And now my inner 7-year-old was looking out the window with glee, thinking nothing but, "THERE'S A BULLDOZER MAKING A GIANT PILE OF LEAVES IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE!!!"


Let me tell you, I was this close to going outside and taking a flying leap into that puppy. Well... at least in my head.

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen a leaf truck until this post. I have seen people with leaf blowers, particularly on private complexes, but I'm not sure the city collects leaves here. Or, I've never witnessed it.

    And I'm pretty sure that if you'd jumped, I would have been right there with you. :)

    ReplyDelete