Monday, May 3, 2010

how quickly we forget

So after putting in a load of laundry and starting up the Roomba (my birthday present from Jack... which I love), I was preparing to wash a massive amount of dishes.  And I was thinking idly to myself how cool it is to live in such a time when machines can do chores for us.  I mean, back in the day, women would have to drag out their washtub and clothesline to do laundry, and it would take all day.  And most people still clean their floors themselves, with a broom or a vacuum cleaner, and it takes just way too long to be fun.

And then as I turned on the faucet, I thought, "Man, wouldn't it be nice if there were some kind of machine that could wash dishes, t..... oh.  Right."


(Also, here:  have a video of my Roomba in action, and be suitably envious.)


1 comment:

  1. So funny! Does your new place have one of those new-fangled dishwashers? My place before I got married also didn't, and washing dishes by hand was a huge deterrent to cooking anything outside of the microwave.

    ReplyDelete