Wednesday, August 19, 2009

down-home fun

This past weekend we went with our friends Mike and Emily to the Montgomery County Fair. I haven't been to a county fair in years, and I forgot how much I enjoy them.

The animals are usually my favorite part.

This cow (I forget what kind it is) came over to us and let us pat her on the nose:
(Actually, I'm not sure it's a cow. It might be a bull or steer. I don't know.)

Some alpacas, which I think are oddly graceful with their long necks and long eyelashes:

Miniature horses, which apparently to qualify for the breed have to be less than 36 inches high at the shoulder:

And a cow with her four-hour-old newborn calf (aww!):

Then, despite the fact that I find county fair rides to be somewhat terrifying in their rickety-ness, we had to take a ride on the ferris wheel. Because seriously? To go to a county fair and not ride on the ferris wheel? Travesty.
The view from the top:


Then we went home. (The fair was open until midnight, but we were all nervous about missing the shuttle back to the parking lot and how awkward and unpleasant that would be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment